Thursday, November 6, 2008

Challenges

It's funny how many challenges occur in a single day. Yesterday, I got SUCKED in (literally) to a discussion of the electoral college with my 8 year old. It started innocently enough. Even though Daddy voted for McCain and McCain won in Idaho, Obama won the election. Why? Really? Now? Okay, well how many states are there. Then it started to get ugly. Some states are bigger than others. Okay. They get more votes. Why? Oh, man. (Any home schooling comments will be immediately deleted. And, yes, I am looking at you Mothership!) Then we had a little argument about practicing our piano. It's important for your mission, son. Yes, you are going on a mission. Fine. It's important for the person you will marry. Yes, you are getting married someday. Fine. Stay single. It'll be important when you are keeping yourself company in your old age. Then we took the Sweet One to dance. The kids were all singing to the radio. I turned around and the Funny One is making ridiculous faces. I started to get annoyed. What are you doing? His reply? "I'm using my teeth as a guitar." So, he was strumming the strings (teeth) with his tongue. It was hilarious. The new one was LOVING it. The music changed and suddenly his mouth was a violin. Pretty soon, the Wild One was copying him. It's their favorite game. It got obnoxious after a minute, but I'm glad I didn't lose my patience. It was worth it. Sometimes I think Heavenly Father sends children to teach us about patience. (And to remind us that He has a sense of humor).

1 comments:

Mothership said...

That was Totally a homeschooling moment!!

I love you, ya' doll.