The best thing happened to me today. Two (mostly) uninterrupted hours with a friend. I might survive the rest of the week.
We have two dance recitals this week. The studio we dance with is so full that they have to divide the show into halves to make it so that it isn't 4 straight hours. Oh, well. It's fun to watch the kids.
The new job is a hit. So far we've had the joys of figuring out that The Steady One's schedule is pretty flexible and the dark sorrow of realizing it would be 5 weeks until his first paycheck.
I want to quit my job.
Kids are growing and growing. They still love the neighbor and Sunbeam teacher and are enjoying increasing amounts of time with her. She's one of those rare godsends. I'm serious.
School is out. Houray?! Now I have to fill their time with wholesome activities. Suggestions are welcomed. Please. And Quickly!
In reality, we will be spending a lot of time in the yard and at my Mother's. We've been helping with a deck and the conversion of a garden into a pretty, landscaped outdoor patio.
The Sweet One has figured out to do her chores quickly so she can play.
The Funny One actually told me that he knows if he asks something, and is told no, to keep asking until I say, "I don't care."
The Wild One told me he likes chocolate (in a Spanish accent) on his strawberries.
The Happy One is potty training. So far so good, but only for Number 1.
That's it for us. We miss my Dad. Our 85+ year old neighbor just came home from the hospital. She'd had a stroke and was in the ICU. Not fair. I've actually really been struggling with the temporary permanence of this situation. Nothing anyone can do makes it better, but at least my family understand.
Hopefully the summer will make it better. Doesn't sunshine make everything better?
Monday, May 31, 2010
Reprieve
Posted by The Strange and Awkward One at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I love you, too, Becky. I didn't get any laundry folded or weeding done, but I laughed out loud several times while you were here and THAT HELPS SO MUCH. But you know that already.
Post a Comment