Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sister with the Most


I have felt so guilty as I have been needing to post an update on this girl. She's such a remarkable person. She sang in my choir for Stake Conference and was so excited. I had several women who were so surprised at how quickly she learned her part, how sweet her voice was, and how she stayed on pitch. I had to laugh at them, because she LOVES to sing. It's not surprising that she is getting better at it. I love her face. She brings a lot of joy to my heart. I love this next picture because you can see how banged up her knee is. She plays pretty hard.



We have been working on doing chores. Last week, I had to run errands and no one wanted to help me. So, I told my two oldest that they were going to stay home until I felt like they were willing to contribute. Now, understand that I run and chase after these kids constantly. I run to dance and back 3 days per week. This girl has dance 3 times a week!! I keep friends and cousins at my house twice a week. I volunteer once a week in school. So, I was needing a little help. I was trying to get ready for Stake Conference and had to run music around, etc. When I got back, she had harassed her brother into cleaning up the house. She even vacuumed. My house is much cleaner than it used to be, so it wasn't difficult. She said it took her about 45 minutes. Still.... I was so pleased. Needless to say, she is still getting run all over kingdom come.

This child has one of the sweetest spirits that has ever been born. Parents of friends (both hers AND HER BROTHERS) WANT her to come play at their houses. She's just so sweet and good. She encourages the group of kids that walk home together to be kind. When she recently ran for school treasurer, the girl who won was really rude about it. Sister was so graceful. She cried and then moved on. My heart broke for her, but she made the most of it. We talked a lot about people and winning. Her insights were astounding. When her siblings need mothering, she wants to do it. The Happy One gets toted everywhere by this girl. She screams in her carseat she doesn't get to sit by her sister. I hope they cherish that relationship and grow with it.

This week she had a space maintainer put in her mouth in preparation for braces. The orthodontist was pleased with the work that has been done so far in just pulling teeth in a certain order. Now, she had this put in and anchored around her two back teeth. It has hurt her. I hate that. She has been pretty tough about it. The surprising part of her is, that despite her sweetness, she is tough as nails. Anything her brother can do, she will do. It's crazy.




We've also been dealing with some acne. CRAZY!! She's 10!! So, we have her washing her face and I'm sure deodorant is next. She has been wearing a tank style bralette under her leotards when she dances. We cannot believe how fast she is growing up. I swear, yesterday she was a baby.


1 comments:

The Wright Family said...

Oh how I love that Gracie...BTW I am not one bit surprised that she caught right on to her part in the stake choir...she is your daughter...

Love and miss you!