Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So, I have been thinking of doing this, and have not been able to work myself up to it until now. I have read and enjoyed many blogs from friends. I am not funny or creative like them. I do need to record some thoughts, though. Having four kids is kind of like being the ring leader for a circus. Sometimes it all runs like a beautifully choreographed act. Other times, the ring leader is left all alone out there, juggling the crowd and the acts that haven't started and the ones that aren't going the way they should. Sometimes the whole thing changes and the ring leader is the last one to catch on. I would describe my life that way. I can't keep up. I am not the best juggler. I hope that it is entertaining for my kids.

The steady one has started graduate school. He wants to get his masters in engineering. I am excited about this because it is something I understand better than geology. Hopefully it will make him more employable by a mine. Our life feels like it has rocketed backward in time, though. I thought we were through with this phase and yet, here we are! So, we are starting this merry-go-round again with happy (but wary) hearts. I hope my juggling improves.

1 comments:

Mothership said...

LOVE the picture of the kids in the laundry baskets. I'll have to try that one. Maybe the popcorn will not scatter quite so easily.

Have fun with the blog!