Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to School

So, we had back to school night this last week. It is amazing to me how much goes into getting back into our routine, or in our case, beginning a new routine. This is the first time that I have ever had the opportunity to be home while the kids are school. I find that I don't know what to do with myself. I have my laundry done. I am baking again, which I love. I have taken several naps.

The hardest part of the day is the morning, which is just as busy as it ever has been. The funny one has to be asked six or seven times to find his shoes. The sweet one dawdles over breakfast, dawdles over brushing her hair, dawdles over getting socks on. She only has to be asked once, but it takes an eternity for her to finish. The funny one could (theoretically) be ready for school in 20 minutes including his breakfast. He likes to play and tell me jokes the entire time. The sweet one has become independent and chooses her own clothes and does her own hair. Or, doesn't do it actually. It's good she has a sweet, straight haircut.

So, the wild one, the new one, and I all have the good part of the day together. We read a lot of books. The wild one has really started speaking since I've been home. He speaks in sentences. His personality is so cute. He repeats everything I say. He scolds his brother, he kisses the new one, and he sings. I love to hear him sing. He says, "I uv you soooooooo n'much." Everything has n' sound in front of it. I n'love it.

I am happy to be home. To be building a routine. To watch the new one learning to roll over. To share lunch with just the wild one. It's still a circus around here, but maybe it'll be a more organized, less stressful circus. Then again, maybe not.

0 comments: