Thursday, October 16, 2008

Something to REALLY gush about

I recently expressed my devotion to dairy. However, over the last few days or weeks or months or so, I have developed (yet again) an addiction to something else entirely. So today I express my love for.....
drumroll please.........





The Disney-Pixar conglomoration.

Our two year old is in a serious Buzz Lightyear/Cars phase. Seriously. When I need a little quiet time, "Hey buddy! You wanna watch Buzz?" It works every time. As an awesome (look at my alliteration, everyone) side bonus for me, I haven't tired of Buzz yet. Even though the previous two children also had love affairs with the midget superhero/T-O-Y TOY! I still laugh at the jokes. We can all quote it endlessly. Yet another side bonus is the extensive infiltration of the Pixar characters into daily life. Wild One won't eat? How about some Cars Spaghettios? Wanna take a nap? No? How about if I get your pillow that is in a Cars pillowcase? Won't get dressed, huh? I found your Buzz shirt! Or, I found your brother's Wall-E shirt! Presto. I have a two year old excited to get dressed. It's a minor miracle, I know.


And, for my own satisfaction, a few quotes from Nemo never fail to remind me of a favorite friend I like to refer to as a Dory fish. What joy!

0 comments: