Today I caught up reading all the blogs of all the amazing women in my life. I truly love to read their (that is correct usage of the word, Emily ... http://www.better-english.com/easier/theyre.htm) (oh, and lay, lie, etc. http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/lay-versus-lie.aspx) blogs and to feel a part of their lives. They are remarkable women. Then I looked at how long it had been since I'd posted. 5 weeks. Really? I had to go back and look. What has happened in those five weeks? Why do I always feel like I am so behind? Well.... HERE IT IS FOLKS!
I am working 35 hours a week while my Steady one is taking 14 graduate level classes. I basically go home and he goes to school. He doesn't get home until late at night and I'm usually asleep. We are tag-teaming our children right now so we don't have them in child care. I love this. I really do. It's just really hard to balance against the work at work and at home, et. cetera.
I have also begun teaching music lessons and I love it. I have discovered that I love to teach piano and listen to my students progress. I am also teaching a few voice lessons and feel very unsure of myself because I don't have a formal education in giving music lessons. So, I am teaching the basics and hoping against all hope I don't screw anyone up.
We are building a bathroom in our bedroom. It is coming along nicely. My Steady One uses all his massive amounts of free time on it. Can you detect my sarcasm? It is going to be lovely. He has built a two fauceted shower!!! Our sink is going to be beautiful and he has made amazing use of the space that we have. It looks so good and I cannot wait until the whole thing is functional. The toilet already gets much use.
I am raising my children. I will post an entire post dedicated to each of them shortly. They are amazing people.
I planned and taught a class on my love to read for enrichment night. I was so nervous, but I did my best and I hope I inspired at least one person to pick a book up and read. Either to themselves or to their children.
I got myself chaired on a "Girls Night Out" group within our Relief Society thanks to my big mouth and my love for a girlfriend on the presidency.
I had a birthday. I am 29 years old. It was unremarkable.
I started helping with installing Lifeline units at my office. WOW! If you ever are feeling bad about yourself, work in Home Health and see how other people live.
I re-organized our kitchen cupboards. This is always a disturbing thing to my Steady One.
We have so many balls in our juggling repetoire right now. I am amazed that we get anything done. I am looking forward to spring break, we are taking the kiddos to Utah for several days. I hope to be able to post lots of pictures and stories of our adventures. If not, know it was because this month I plan to:
Get my garden and yard ready for spring.
Finish the bathroom.
Organize and update my closet and the kids' closets.
Cover for the Lifeline installer.
Work 35 hours a week.
Not kill my children or the neighbor children.
Strip the kitchen floor and have my husband wax and seal it.
Clean the carpets. They need it badly.
Help to get the outside ready for siding this summer.
Let me know if there is anything selse I can do for anyone. ;)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Being Behind
Posted by The Strange and Awkward One at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Thank you for the tip. You are wonderful--I'm sorry you are so swamped right now. It doesn't help to have a kid asking to go to school at home. What a bad influence! (:
Post a Comment