Friday, June 5, 2009

Little Updates

Last week, in the car, the Funny One says, "Mom. When I was 4, I had a hard life." "Oh, son," I replied. "What was so hard." "Well, my sister was really mean to me." The Steady One was already cracking up at this point. "That is tough." I said. "What else." He continued, "I don't remember, but it was hard." "Son! Where were your parents? " came my reply. And then, in classic style, he laughed and said, "In Pocatello." Ah, what a joy this boy is to my life. He is desperate to have a play date with some friends and the dates have yet to work out. He is still fabulous with his baby sister and The Wild One mimics everything he does and says. Dinner is always a loud and boisterous event with him among us.

The New One can say Mom mom mom mom mom. It's adorable. She knows me. She only says it to me. It's so fabulous. She is truly a Mama's Girl and I hold her and love on her wherever we are. We are constantly bombarded with..... That'll be $3, but I'll take that baby instead. Or, Oh I'd take you homes. Or, Can I have you? Sometimes it's disturbing to the Sweet One. She has the cutest little grin and grins always. ALWAYS. She's a doll.

The Wild One has been taken swimming. Twice. Once at Lava. No one died. It was an accomplishment. Years ago, when the Funny One was at this stage, my sister bought me a one piece, floatable swimsuit. My father calls it a boat. We are all grateful for the boat. We lost him three times at Lava. Each time he was either in or had been in the pool. It causes great anxiety for us all. It kinda makes me happy that it's not just me. He is also the sweetest thing ever. He speaks so well. He clearly defines what he "likes." I like that, Mom? He always says. It's great. He has more energy than a dozen adults. I hope he never looses it. He still is in a throwing things phase. That I hope he looses.

The Sweet One had a dance recital. We decided to bite the bullet and put her back in The Dance Factory. She is an amazing dancer. It is so great to watch. Her whole face lights up and she is so natural and focused. We went to my neice's dance recital on Tuesday and she was caught up in it for 4 hours. Her teacher has encouraged me to do it. It's expensive and time consuming and a huge commitment. She is worth it. It's what she wants. So, I'm going to do it. She's so excited about it. She'll have to have classes twice a week for about an hour and a half each. Plus competitions and recitals, etc. Oh, well. It's what she wants. She is now limited to dance and piano. Nothing else. I hope it works out.

The Steady One and I plug on. We are happy to report that he started an internship at Monsanto for the summer. He did it last year and loves it there. He works so hard and I'm so proud of him. It's amazing how his bosses love him. That trait is one of my favorite thing about him. He'll always have a job. (So will his brothers, for that matter, it's genetic.) He hopes to work there permanently. I suppose that would be fine. I am happy for him.

I am still in Nursery. YES I STILL LOVE IT. I hope they never release me. I had a new helper this week. I hope they call her permanently. She was great and the kids loved her. I am done with music lessons for the summer. I am working three days per week. I missed book club last month. That's my life in ten sentences or less.

1 comments:

mAk said...

sounds like things are going well for you guys. i am constantly impressed at your ability to find the positive things in everything that you do. also, are you still planning on coming to float the river later this month? i cant recollect the specific dates we spoke of. i am sure that you and MB will remember though.