I am not a person with many close friends. Acquaintances I have in abundance. True friends are rare. There are several women in my ward who have become true friends to me and have inspired me recently. I am grateful for the mothers that they are and the way they parent their children with love. It's so hard to be loving and patient and gentle and good when you are trying to get children to behave the way you expect, do their chores, treat their siblings with love, wear clean underwear, shower at least weekly, and leave you alone whilst you are taking a bath. There is a book called Scream Free Parenting which I am reading right now in an attempt to learn to keep my cool. I lost it this morning when I had ALL FOUR OF MY CHILDREN IN THE BATHROOM WHILE I WAS TAKING A BATH. Please, steady one.... Please finish my other bathroom. This is your inspiration: your raving loony of a wife trying to find calm in a room needed by every other person in the household.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hahaha! I have been there, for sure. When my boy was three or four, he would break into the bathroom (knew how to open the door with a nail!) while I was trying to relax in the tub. He would dump in his toys because I looked so bored. Then, his feet were cold so he would just put his feet in the water with me. Just like the story of the camel getting themselves into the tent bit by bit, the kid always ended up in the bath with me.
Just a few more days and you won't know what to do with all of your free time.
Post a Comment