Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lagoon

We spent the weekend at Lagoon with my family. It was fabulous. My two big kids could ride big kid rides. The Funny One is just like me and loves to be up-side down and spinning. The Sweet One is just like her dad and gets a little sick. The bumper cars were a hit. The Wild One rode every car, space ship, whale, rocket, and baby boat in the park. He was so upset when we had to leave. His joy was palpable. The Happy One was exhausted and refused all but the shortest of naps. We loved on cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles. We ate ice cream in Pioneer Village (at $3 a cone! Seriously? I could buy 1/2 gallon of Dreyers for that). It was a blast for them.

For me? I am now the mother. It's not as fun as it used to be. I was thrilled that I was able to ride a couple rides with my sister-in-law. My feet hurt, my back hurts, my arms hurt. I don't care. I'm glad I did it. The memories that I have of going to Lagoon as a child are precious. My parents always took all of us and a friend each. We would camp in the campground and run around until 11 o'clock at night. My kids couldn't run around alone like I used to. That part was sad. Still, we all played until late in the night. We picked the rides we loved and rode them three or four times. We swam and swam in the ice cold water. That part has never changed.

I pray that they remember these trips the way I remember them. It is an important part from my childhood.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the parent not having as much fun but its what we do isn't it! We went this year and the kids had a blast. It is fun to see what you are up to these days!