Thursday, April 29, 2010

Anniversary

11 years ago today, I married the greatest man alive. He is the best companion. I am completely spoilt. It's such a blessing to have him in my life. I can't believe that we've made it through school, babies, jobs and my craziness for 11 years. It's a tribute to his greatness that he's put up with me this long. I decided to list the 11 things I love the most about him.

1. He is rock steady. He never gets mad. He never wavers. I am this crazy person that is all over the place, but he keeps me sane.

2. He takes care of our kids at night. My bedtime is notorious. My brother-in-law calls it "the witching hour." Once I'm tired, I'm a witch. Instead of complaining or forcing me to stay up, he puts me to bed with our big kids and puts our little babies to bed without me. Every night (that he's home). Who does that? Let alone who does it without complaining.

3. He babies me. If I say I'm thirsty, he's up in a heartbeat to get me something to drink. If we don't have what I want, he'll go to the store. He's incorporated my co-workers in this habit. It's so adorable.

4. He's brilliant. He has this crazy one-track mind, but once he gets talking about something he loves, he has this enormous knowledge base. It's crazy. Just don't argue with him. ;)

5. He's an honorable priesthood holder. He gave me a blessing recently and the strength of his quiet spirit about blew me away. The blessing was beautiful and sensitive and everything I needed.

6. He lets me be myself. He hasn't ever criticized my forthrightness, my crazy hair color, or my affinity for tie-dye. He just doesn't care. If it makes me happy, he encourages me to do it.

7. He fills my car with gas. So, he has a couple things that he's decided are HIS job. The lawn is one, but keeping my tank full is another. I have come to rely on it and I get bugged when he forgets. Then I think, wait! You silly woman! He does that because he loves you.

8. He is patient with me. Sometimes I lose my patience or have a super crazy day. He just blows it off. Even if I've been mean to him.

9. He's super hot. Sorry. I had to throw that in. The boys in his family improve with age. I'm so glad I saw that and I get to see him get better looking each day.

10. He's my friend. Truly, we have so much fun together. I love to go to the movies with him. Especially if we are watching a comic book based movie and I can tell him all about what they left out and laugh out loud and giggle and clutch his arm. I love to talk to him. I love to be goofy around him and watch him be happy to be with me.

11. Lastly, I love the side of him that only I see. I love when he's gotten a little goofy. I love to be in bed with him and just talk about our day, our plans, and our future. I love to ride in the car with him. I really do!


So, Happy Anniversary baby! You're the best thing to ever happen to me. I adore you.