I was recently accused of having a favorite child, this one. It's probably because of his age, but apparently I talk about him a lot. I cannot express how much I love this boy. Mostly I love this age, as hard as it is. He is figuring out so much. He is really, really, really smart. He is tireless. He goes and goes until he falls asleep (usually wherever he is). My Dad bought me a shirt for him that said, "My parents are exhausted." His hair is my favorite thing. It is naturally that color. It is still streaked from lat summer. I love his mop haircut. I love that he looks like surfer. It fits his little personality.
He is crazy and fun. I love what he figures out. He can do puzzles by himself. He knows his entire alphabet (he's 3 1/2) and recognizes each individual letter. He has figured out that letters make words and tells me his name is spelled L-Q-T-T-Z or whatever letters he picks that day. He always reads Open signs. It's great. We sing and sing and watch Dora. He loves his siblings. He says the cutest and funniest things. He has a shirt with a soccer ball on it and he told me that his Dad has to take him to soccer. He LOVES his primary teacher. He talks about her all the time and he tells her, "You can come to my house tonight at 7 o'clock." He remains obsessive about things. Especially about being dirty or wet. If he gets wet or gets paint on himself, he has to change. He will only wear clothes he has picked. He does not like when he grows out of things.
His brother complains that The Wild One gets whatever he wants. Which isn't true. But it does bother me when they argue and fight and the Funny One gets mad that I am upset with him. I keep telling him, "You are 8 years old! How old is your brother?" "Three," he'll say. Okay, then. Quit arguing with him. Our favorite thing to do is to take him to Story Time at the library. He loves to drive under the tunnel with his Dad in the truck. He loves to eat (especially veggies or melon). He wants to help with whatever I am doing. He navigates the internet alone (Only Nick Jr. or PBS kids is allowed on his account.) He can surf Netflix on the tv.
I love this pic. He taught his sister how to get on the counter. He is CONSTANTLY getting into things. Just this morning, when his Dad called him to come get dressed, he said, "I'm just getting me some chips." AT 8 a.m. Wow. It's such a fun age. He only likes to be called by his name. I can't call him "Honey." And he isn't cute. He's handsome.


1 comments:
You are such a fab mama. Thank you for not grumping about his three year old stuff, but loving it all--even the teaching his baby sister how to climb. No wonder we, and our children, are friends.
Post a Comment