Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Everlasting Companion

My neice edited this photo for us. I really love it. It's a good thing I like this man, if we've got eternity to go.
The Steady One has finally finished his coursework for his Masters in Environmental Science. Sometime in the not now distinguishable future, he will take two HELL-DEFINING classes (Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics) and his Masters will be in Environmental Engineering. All that's left for him is a project involving ground water modelling for Monstanto, Corp. in Soda Springs and he's graduated. Our journey through school has been long and unyielding. He's a brilliant man, but tests are not his forte. I have a huge pet peeve about our education system and the requirements it involves for those whose brain works on a different wave length than the traditionally accepted "book smarts." I wish there was any way that I could have made this journey easier for him, but HE MADE IT! I am super proud of him.
Also, so amazingly and with the blessings of the Lord, he has been offered a position as a geologist with the U.S. Forest Service. The job is in our home town, which enables us to stay in our somewhat small house. We would not be very excited about selling our home in this market and can only hope that it will be better in several years. He has applied for quite a few jobs, but this is the one that is the best fit for our family and we acknowledge our Heavenly Father's help in his obtaining it. We're just thrilled to be able to get it.
He is still serving with the Young Men in our ward and his calling just became more relevant because there are now scouts in the age group that he is in charge of. Scouting is such a hard calling, and I'm grateful for the time that goes into that difficult job. I expect to see less of him on Wednesday nights, oh wait! I never see him on Wednesdays anyway.

These are the people most excited for his new job. Evenings can be spent with Dad more frequently, without his prior stress levels. Adjustments will be made to our lifestyle. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Mothership said...

So, you're staying here!! I am relieved to know that. Great job, Matt. Now you can say, "I did it." What a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Matt and Becky for making it through!!