Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Face

Having been accused of having a favorite, I'm truly surprised it wasn't my happy baby. I wish she was happy all the time. Her temper tantrums are a sight to behold. She could give lessons on tantrums and fits. I guess I should take back my previous statement of her favoritism. On account of having been told that my kids really aren't that busy, I post the following:

She only eats on the move. Strapping her into a high chair is grounds to have food thrown at you, which is grounds for time out, which is grounds for a temper tantrum, which is grounds for me to lose my mind (let alone my temper), and none of it is worth it to me. So, we let eat her on the table or in the kids' chairs or on my lap. Notice her mess on the table and her shoes on the wrong feet.
The bathroom. She had cleaned out everything under the sink so that she could play in there. A proud grin on her face prompted me crawl across the mess to get this picture. It took me an hour to fix what took her 15 seconds to dump on the floor. In addition to dumpign towels, she loves to dump shampoo, flour, cereal, or whatever else is in her hand. I try not to hand her things. It takes a split second to tip it over and dump it out. Recently an attempt was made to pour Gatorade from the bottle into the cap. THE CAP, people. Not only does she love to climb in things, climbing atop things is also a hit. Yesterday, a suspicious banging noise was coming out of the washroom. On investigation, I found the Happy One jumping up and down on top of the washing machine. How she got up there is a mystery.
I love this picture. At night, if she wakes up, she lays in bed and cried, "Daddy!" in this little whimpering voice. It's rare that I put her to bed. She really likes her Dad. It's a good thing he's such an amazing parent and tolerates her constant needs pretty well.
This is one of her pouty faces. Oh, just give in already. I am not looking forward to the battle of wills that will take place in this child's future. She's as single minded as her Dad and as bull-headed as her Mother. Look out.

0 comments: