I have decided I hate genetics. My new one has inherited my allergies. My mother just had me try and get Zyrtec down her. She grimaced and spit and hated it. Is this my lot? Am I resigned to force allergy medicine down her every season until she is old enough to chew Benadryl like her sister? When she had her shots, her bandage came off and left a perfect bandage shaped red, itchy patch of skin.
The funny one may look like the steady one, but inside he is all me. He talks non-stop. He is a little thespian. He regales us with his favorite movie scenes and quotes. This isn't so great for his teacher.
It seems my children are destined to inherit all of the things that I hate about myself. Let's hope we see more and more of the steady one in them.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Posted by The Strange and Awkward One at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, com'on! We love those things about you. . . we'll maybe not the snot and re-itchy eyes part, but the rest. The world would be so boring without the funny ones or the strange and awkward ones.
Make that RED-itchy eyes--can eyes re-itch? Hmmm
Post a Comment