Okay, I've taken some flack for my last post. There are things I love about genetics, also. I love that my oldest thinks just like her dad. I love that she has been able to sing on key since she was a little toddler. I love that the funny one looks like the spitting image of his father. I love that he runs fast like his dad. I love that he tells a story like me. I love that the wild one watches his brother and sisters the way I used to watch mine. I love that for the most part....they love to be outside.
Also, I'm seeing more and more of my mother in myself. I laugh like her. I have her cheekbones (one of my better features, don't you think?). Unfortunately, I also have her random though process. I am thrilled to look forward to aging like her. She is beautiful.
Unfortunately, I did inherit some of my dad's genes, also. I am skeptical to a fault. I have the "Pierce" crazy gene (I know y'all have noticed). I hope I inherited his generosity and ability to love anyone regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, favorite sports team (my sister loves Tom Brady), and anything else.
All in all, where would I be without genetics. I guess I'll learn to live with it.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Genetics, Part Deaux
Posted by The Strange and Awkward One at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment